Anderson Dahlen, Inc. is a market leading contract manufacture of capital equipment in the Food processing, Pharmaceutical processing, Industrial process and Vacuum process equipment markets. We have a long history as a family owned, privately held, values-based company of approximately 300 employees and growing. Our team manufactures and distributes products to our customers worldwide. We are looking to add a motivated individual to our manufacturing team.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The primary objective is to develop accurate cost estimates for the parts, assemblies or equipment requested by customers. This requires developing an accurate bill of materials and routing, which involves coordination and review with applications engineering and manufacturing resources to confirm appropriate manufacturing steps and times. Then a formal quote can be created, reviewed for approval, and forwarded to the customer per our sales process. Which typically involves an outside salesperson who will handle most direct communications with the customer(s).
MAJOR AREAS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Prepare quotations for customers in a timely manner.
• Develop multi-level bills of material and routings.
• Simultaneously manage multiple quotations requests from customers.
• Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documents to facilitate bidding.
• Review data to determine material and labor requirement for projects.
• Work with vendors and subcontractors to get pricing.
• Coordinate lead-times with Salespeople, Project Managers, and Production Control.
• Interact with customers to discuss questions on quotations.
• Review completed projects analyzing labor and material actual costs verses estimated costs to refine future proposals.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
• Minimum 2-year associates degree.
• 2 years of sheet metal / machine shop estimating experience.
• Prefer vacuum technology or mechanical engineering background.
• Requires estimating experience for stainless steel components and vessels.
• ERP estimating software experience (Made2Manage preferred).
• Solid-Works CAD Software experience a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and deadlines.
• Pass pre-hire physical and drug test.
• Bonus Program
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K with Match
• Profit Sharing Program
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Optional Short-Term Disability
• Employer paid Life Insurance