- Produce pulverized sellable/intermediate resins by charging and mixing correct base resins and other raw materials, ensure product is within specifications by various methods of sampling, charging and adjusting the process as needed.
- Coordinate many operations with Kettle operators to transfer raw materials and finished product
- Maintain continuous process flow by inspecting and monitoring equipment keep required production records and log sheets. Monitor and inspect equipment and tank levels throughout the resin unit.
- Troubleshoot, identify, coordinate, and perform minor maintenance on equipment as required and perform preventive maintenance per schedule
- Understand and perform analytical testing methods and have ability to discuss results and determine if further action steps are necessary
- Operator required to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and schedule form and required to perform basic math calculations to determine base resin ratios with little supervision
- Package finished or intermediate product while operating various flaker units, pack out material in the correct container for the customer per instructions, and unload various liquid raw material tank trucks to field storage tanks or kettles. Required to load finished product on to tank trucks from field tanks or kettles and to operate shrink wrapping equipment.
- Finished product is packaged in a variety of containers and the operator will select and prepare the correct container for each product run. Pulverized resin is packed out in bulk bags, fiber drums and 50# paper bags.
- Skilled in operating fork lift in all areas of the plant-often in close quarters- transporting raw and packaging materials to the unit for processing and transport finished product to the warehouse
- Required to operate and maintain pastillator, use caustic bath, and to steam lines
- Keep required production records and fill out inspection reports.
- Nearly all tasks associated with this job are performed while standing.
- The operator will be required to pass on detailed information to their relief
- Comply with all safety, environmental, and quality regulations and requirements follows the PSM/RMP
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE): This position requires respirator fit testing and for a variety of tasks will require full PPE consisting of full-face respirator, chemical resistant suit, and neoprene gloves.
Standard workplace PPE requirements are:
- Hard Hat
- Safety glasses with side shields
- Company provided clothing (cotton)
- Steel toed shoes
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Job requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. This position requires the ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
MATH SKILLS: Correctly perform basic math calculations. Ability to calculate weight and volume units
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
Percentage of the time spent performing the following functions:
- Standing 70%
- Sitting 10%
- Walking 20%
- Use hands 70%
- Reaching 40%
- Climbing 10%
- Kneel or crouch 10%
- Talk or hear 50%
Requirements for lifting or exerted force:
- Up to 10 pounds 90%
- Up to 25 pounds 90%
- Up to 50 pounds 90%
- Up to 100 pounds 30%
- More than 100 pounds 05%
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
- Depth perception (ability to judge distances).
- Color vision (identifies and distinguishes colors).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to environmental conditions:
- Wet or humid conditions (non weather) 10%
- Work near moving mechanical parts 60%
- Work in high precarious areas 05%
- Fumes, vapors or airborne particles 90%
- Toxic or hazardous chemicals 30%
- Outdoor weather conditions 80%
- High noise levels 50%