Anderson Dahlen, Inc. is a market leading contract manufacture of capital equipment in the Food, Pharmaceutical, Industrial and Vacuum process equipment markets. We have a long history as a family owned, privately held, values-based company of approximately 300 employees and growing.
We are part of the Gray Inc. family of companies. Gray is a family-owned, fully integrated service provider specializing in engineering, design, construction, and smart manufacturing.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Design specifications using SolidWorks, Made to Manage ERP system, other CAD and/or office software to accurately and effectively develop flat layouts, part detail drawings, saw lists, bills of materials, and routings to meet both Anderson Dahlen's and our customer's design standards. To assist the Project Managers in the planning, monitoring, and coordinating the job flow within and between each of the manufacturing departments, to ensure the on-time completion of customer projects consistent with customer expectations and Anderson Dahlen goals and budgets. Work together with team project engineer(s), lead welder(s), and fabricator(s) to ensure a smooth transition from Engineering to Production and minimize changes needed in order to manufacture the components and assemblies.
MAJOR AREAS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provides optimum cooperation and complete information to Project Manager and other personnel relative to projects within his/her assigned group to ensure on-time and accurate job completion.
- Ability to accurately create flat layouts by computer aided programs from customer supplied drawings, mainly SolidWorks.
- Creates individual component drawings from assembly drawings as needed or required in aiding shop personnel in production of customer parts or assemblies.
- Creates accurate saw lists and incorporate material shrinkages as required by coordinator.
- Ability to use ERP system (preferably Made to Manage) to create accurate job bills of materials and routings for purposes of creating quotes, sales orders, and jobs.
- Reviews customer drawings and routings for missing or incorrect information required in producing the customer's part through to completion.
- Keeps up-to-date with all research and development as appropriate with changes in drafting, designing, and SolidWorks technology.
- Identifies job flow problems, root causes, and recommends corrective action to ensure timely and efficient production effort. Reviews jobs and drawings with the Project Manager and makes and records changes as needed post-job.
- Maintains and portrays a high degree of professionalism both within and outside the organization, encouraging excellence through example. Keeps supervisor informed.
- Complies with Company and Department policies and procedures as applicable.
- Maintains a positive attitude and promotes a team approach throughout the Department.
- Ensures that a favorable Company image is presented to customers, and that all customer relationships are based on honesty and integrity.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Works with supervisor Laser, Fabrication, and Machining and shop personnel to maintain/improve productivity through effective communication/coordination and movement of parts and material.
- Associates degree in a relevant field such as Mechanical Design, Mechanical Drafting, or similar work experience.
- Intermediate/advanced experience using 3D CAD software, SolidWorks a plus. Working knowledge of GD&T preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, especially with a Design For Manufacture priority. Experience in high precision, custom metal fabrication a plus.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, experience with Made To Manage a plus.
This position will primarily involve operating a computer at a desk in an office environment. Anderson Dahlen fosters a manufacturing type environment. Moderately heavy work requiring the occasional lifting of objects weighing 50 pounds or less.
- Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with Match
- Profit Sharing Program
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer paid Life Insurance