Health Communications Specialist IV
Regular Full Time
# of Openings:
Karna is seeking a Health Communications Specialist IV for upcoming work with the CDC. The Health Communications Specialist IV will develop, execute, and evaluate communications plans, strategies, and initiatives for a variety of audiences. Specifically, this position will provide support in the areas of communication planning, message development, media relations strategy, materials development, creative direction, policy and stakeholder communications and related projects.
*Position is contingent upon contract award.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate health communication activities designed to impact positive health outcomes
- Develop strategies and implementation plans for government programs for health initiatives and prevention campaigns for the general public and other audiences, including innovative demonstration projects
- Apply communication theories and models to health communication campaign development; use audience segmentation analysis and formative research to select appropriate communication channels and messages to achieve positive health outcomes
- Coordinate and conduct activities related to long- and short-range planning; program and project development, implementation and evaluation; audience research; and translation and dissemination of scientific information to audiences in a variety of formats
- Lead in creating training curricula and tool.
- Develop, test, and disseminate science and scientific information and audience-based products, tools, and messages (i.e., via written, electronic, and audiovisual formats) to different audiences in a variety of formats
- Work closely with strategic communications subject matter experts and other colleagues to leverage knowledge and resources, ensure consistency of messages, and foster teamwork
- Serve as a communication touch-point and facilitate information sharing across programs
- Provide expert knowledge and input on the development and management of social media
- BA/BS required, Master’s preferred in English, journalism, communications, education, public health, or health services research
- At least 7 years of experience working in health communications, preferably in the public health field
- Knowledge of health communication theories, principles, practices and techniques
- Understanding of health literacy and usability
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders including senior leadership, subject matter experts and other internal and external partners
- Experience with the federal government sector
- Experience with 508 compliance activities
- Proficient in MS Office and Adobe Creative tools
- Experience with Social Media platforms and analytic tools
- Attention to detail and ability to manage processes and work-flows
- Skill in project management techniques to plan health communication and marketing strategies
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong critical and creative thinker
- Ability to translate and disseminate scientific information across a variety of platforms.
- Ability to research and evaluate communication research studies, strategies, and project.