Fisker Inc. is a design led pioneering mobility technology company researching, developing and producing next generation electrically powered vehicles. As the electrification revolution begins to infiltrate the automotive industry, Fisker are focused on delivering advanced smart solutions across the electrification ecosystem from charging, to battery technology, powertrain and connected vehicle functionality. Strong product design is at our core where distinctive emotional yet cost effective style meet the latest in cutting edge technology.
As a Senior Purchasing Manager, Exterior, you will manage the Purchasing life cycle for production parts for vehicle projects for the Exterior Commodity. This role requires exceptional communication, negotiation and organizational skills. A successful candidate needs to thrive in a pressurized environment using data and facts to help identify risks, manage resources and solve problems quickly and effectively. A strong team ethic with the ability to interact at all levels and across business boundaries is required to be successful in this position.
• Development of procurement strategy, establishment of purchasing budgets, plans, policies, systems and procedures within the organization
• Building and developing supply chain organization to support vehicle projects and ongoing cost reduction activities
• Negotiate key contracts to optimize value
• Develop business intelligence based on continuous market analysis, monitoring and forecasting against variable market conditions
• Negotiate contractual terms and interpret existing contract frameworks, demonstrating an understanding of legal principles
• Build internal relationships, assessing the capabilities of suppliers
• Create supplier scorecards to drive for continuous improvement and creation of best practice-based processes and procedures
• Program gateway delivery and reporting
• Ensure that internal operations and supplier activities are carried out in an ethical, responsible manner, using ISO2600/20400 as a basis
• Product definition, attributes and specification cascade for sourcing activities
• Program metrics generation, including timing, delivery status, cost status.
Basic Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
• Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, or related subject (or equivalent).
• Knowledge of relevant automotive industry standards such as: ISO 9001, TS16949, ISO2600/20400
• Proficient in the application of vehicle project management strategies
• Experience in the application of PPAP processes in the supplier base
• Problem solving; 8D, Practical problem solving capability
• Proven track record of working within automotive organizations
• Superior relationship skills in creating and fostering working relationships within Purchasing, internal business areas and supplier
• Ability to make strategic sourcing recommendations and take appropriate action
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
• Deep knowledge of sourcing, procurement principles, procurement systems and large company best practices
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills
• Exceptional communication skills
• Independent /Self Starting
• Fluent spoken and written English. Requirements:
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competences
• Drive for Results: Drive for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks and uncertainty.
• Business Acumen: Contribute to the company strategy and aligns the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and strategic priorities of the broader organization.
• Customer Centricity: Anticipates evolving customer needs and how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way
• Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
• Analytical Thinking: Gather relevant information, identify key issues, compare data from different sources; draw appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
• Teamwork & Collaboration: Facilitates Collaboration, actively engaging and to make joint decision and share best practices.
• Displays Global Perspective: Conveys an understanding of the organization's global market position, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic differences into account when making plans and decisions.
Fisker Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Fisker Inc.'s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.