Responsible for the operation and maintenance of building, blending and ancillary facility equipment. In addition assists production mechanic team members in the performance of general inspections, mechanical repair, electronic analysis and preventive maintenance of production and related equipment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining good operating conditions of equipment used in and around building, blending and manufacturing work areas and systems assigned.
- Cleans and organizes work area according to production and safety standards.
- Installs, repairs and maintains machinery and equipment such as pumps, mill, tanks, mixers, compressors, HVAC, etc., used in support of the manufacturing process according to standards.
- Fabricates parts and fixtures as needed either by machining or welding.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and prepares inspection reports concerning operation of equipment and mechanical condition of equipment.
- Participate in the establishment of new equipment and the improvement of existing process equipment.
- Responsible for performing assignments in conformance with appropriate Regulatory (cGMP’s) and departmental Standard Operating Procedures which assure the quality of our products.
- Documents all work performed; complies with acceptable current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) standards.
- Helps to attain goals of the maintenance department and the facility by contributing ideas and suggestions.
- Contributes to the production of a quality product which requires quality equipment maintained and updated by the maintenance department.
- Uses critical thinking skills to determine possible causes of equipment failure.
- Responsible for communicating with employees and management as to potential problems that need addressing or opportunities that may be acted upon.
- Must be a self-starter and have the initiative to create work when the daily tasks are completed.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Strong background in facility and process equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot equipment in a timely manner.
- Must have working knowledge of PLC’s, a strong background in electrical, and mechanical.
- Must have excellent documentation and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to work independently and effectively with peers, and display strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must possess own hand tools.
- Preferred Additional
- Two or more years’ experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Machine Shop / welding knowledge.
- Knowledge in electronics and controls.
CRITICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extra considerations offered to candidates with prior experience in the aerosol industry.
- Extra considerations offered to candidates with cGMP, FDA and/or medical device experience.
- Ability to lift 35-50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Can work in/around/under/over equipment safely and with the ability to diagnose and repair on the job.
Technical Skills and Experience
Proficient in the use and knowledge of PCs.
Education and/or Training
High school diploma or GED required. Individuals with equivalent combination of education, training and related experience will be considered.