Are you a bright, articulate, detail-oriented person with outstanding planning, problem solving, and communication skills? We are looking for an efficient HR Coordinator to join us and undertake a variety of HR administrative duties. You will be part of an ambitious HR team working on a variety of functions to include event planning, recruitment, and benefit administration.
Primary duties will include:
- Plan, organize, coordinate and direct special events to include employee nights, parties, food truck visits and special events. Attend events to oversee activities an ensure details are handled, and maintain records of event activities progress status, and post event summary.
- Coordinate CBC benefits programs to include ticket program, United Arts and United Way campaigns, charity project, blood drives, Health Fairs, and company giveaway programs as poinsettia, turkeys, and birthday mugs.
- Support coordination of social media platform recruitment marketing to include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and website content.
- Assist in the hiring process of employees, including distributing job postings, maintaining position database, and onboarding all new hires to include coordination monthly benefits orientation meetings.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits, and other HR programs.
- Foster positive employee relations and work to solve any employee issues that surface.
- Serve as first point of contact in HR department responding to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests for assistance including employment verifications.
- Provide administrative support to include processing payables, ensuring employee records are filed correctly and kept confidential, maintaining compliance with federal/state required postings, maintaining, and auditing I-9s, and preparing required documentation/paperwork for Workers’ Compensation and OSHA reporting and unemployment claims.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience planning & implementing special events.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Strong social media and marketing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with a diverse group of people.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- Professional level of confidentiality in handling employee information
- Two or more years of administrative or event planning experience.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.