|Employer||Oklahoma State Department of Health|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Salary||Up to $54,080.00 based on education and experience.|
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking full time Statistical Research Specialist III to support Medical Facilities. These are classified positions (PIN#34001367) in state government, based in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH comprehensive Benefits Package , including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [ click here ] . The annual salary for this position is up to $54,880.00, based on education and experience.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Receives, reviews and compiles complex statistical data; compiles and edits data for accuracy and completeness.
• Prepares questionnaires and other forms for use in gathering and reporting data; applies statistical procedures and tabulations in analysis of data collected.
• Designs analytic and assessment tools which incorporate suitable statistical tests.
• Provides consultation to managers and administrators to aid in the development of appropriate assessment and evaluation mechanisms for programs and services.
• Prepares and arranges statistical tables and charts for compilation into manuals, handbooks and reports.
• Analyzes and interprets data, using statistical research programs or other methods, and makes projections based on statistical inference.
• Analyzes a wide variety of management issues and recommends solutions to enhance program delivery.
• Prepares and submits grant applications for statistical programs following administrative guidelines.
• Plans program activities; prepares budget information for program area; supervises and trains personnel in the collection, processing, tabulation and analysis of data.
• Conducts studies and develops plans to determine availability and development of resources, facilities and services.
• Defines goals, objectives, criteria and standards of evaluation for comprehensive systems planning.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach.
STATE EMPLOYEE INFORMATION
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE "INTERNAL JOBS" LISTING HERE .
Positions in this job family are involved in planning and conducting statistical and program management research. This includes positions that are involved in employment, training and facilities projects.
The Statistical Research Specialist job family consists of four levels of work which are distinguished by the depth and breadth of accountability, the expertise required to perform assigned duties and the responsibility for providing leadership to others.
This is the specialist level. Incumbents have specialized knowledge in a specific research area, such as planning and developing retrospective and prospective statistical studies for administrative and programmatic purposes using pre/post comparisons and contrast or control groups. Work may include research or studies of the population, demographics, trend analysis, economics, general business, health status and diseases.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor's degree which includes nine semester hours in statistics, statistical research methods, economics, demographic or social research statistics plus three (3) years of experience in technical statistical and research work; or a master's degree in a social science, business administration or public administration which includes nine semester hours of advanced statistical methods plus one (1) year of experience in technical statistical and research work.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Qualification Review
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous