|Employer||Oklahoma State Department of Health|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Salary||up to $55,028.60 based on education and experience.|
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Registered Nurse II providing support to Wagoner County Health Department. This is an unclassified position (Pin#34001517) in state government located in Wagoner. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package , including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents . For more information about the benefit allowance [ click here ] . The annual salary for this position is up to $55,028.60, based on education and experience.
Provide direct or indirect professional nursing services in a variety of settings. This includes providing nursing assessments, planning, interventions, evaluations, health related education, case management, and execution of the medical regime including administering medications and treatments prescribed by any person authorized to prescribe by state law.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assesses health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
• Evaluates and determines health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
• Delivers professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
• Educates individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
• Provides supervision to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborates with other professionals in the management of health care.
• Delegate tasks that may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
• Assures quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
• Performs specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required to perform duties at this level include knowledge of the principles and practices of professional nursing, of health promotion and disease prevention. Ability is required to perform assessments and nursing functions as acquired in the basic nursing preparation program.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Must be able to move to provide examinations 80% of the time.
• Combination of office and exam offices.
• May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations.
• Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching.
• Work related travel required. Applicant must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) AND one year of professional nursing experience; OR a Bachelor's in Nursing and possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a Registered Nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
Veteran's preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous