Become a part of the Kitsap County Team!
Do what you love, while serving the citizens where you live.
Information Services is the central information technology hub for Kitsap County, located in the County Courthouse.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Helpdesk Technician to join our team. The incumbent will perform a variety of routine technical activities involving the installation, configuration, maintenance and repair of personal computer equipment, software, peripherals and telephones; consult on software problems and repair operating system problems; receive, log, monitor and respond to requests for service; and provide technical advice and assistance to personal computer users.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems/Office Suites, possess excellent customer service skills and the ablity to analyze and problem solve technical problems. Our new co-worker must have the ability to be a team player with effective interpersonal skills and be self-motivated and able to work in a fast moving environment.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERFORMANCE OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Required Education and Experience
- Associates of Arts degree in a field related to computers, data processing or information systems and 1 year progressively responsible experience in providing end-user support of computer, phones, printer, hardware and software AND
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite/Operating Systems, Outlook, and SharePoint OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills and ability required to perform the work.
Criminal Conviction Standards:
- The successful incumbent must meet the driving requirements of this position.The successful incumbent must obtain a valid Washington State Driver's License prior to hire and maintain a satisfactory driving record as outlined in the Kitsap County Vehicle Use Policy. This position is categorized as:
- Category 2: Driver operates a personal vehicle as an essential function for official County business. Any employee using a personal vehicle on official County business shall be required to maintain auto liability insurance, in addition to having a valid driver's license.
- The successful incumbent will or may have access to a secured/confidential facility or computer system(s). As a result, Kitsap County will be conducting an extensive criminal background check by law enforcement agencies, which will include fingerprinting.
- Please review the following list of disqualifying crimes and negative actions to determine if you meet our standard for this position: https://www.dshs.wa.gov/ffa/disqualifying-list-crimes-and-negative-actions
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Kitsap County provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- The duties in this position are performed in an office setting;
- May be required to work in noise related environments (i.e. server room and telecommunications room) in 30 minute increments;
- Requires bending, lifting up to 50 lbs., stooping and climbing.
OTHER POSITION RELATED INFORMATION
- Recognize complex issues; resolve and escalate when appropriate.
- Perform routine hardware, software and phone installs.
- Maintenance and configuration of print servers and the Windows Deployment Server.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically.
- Document problems and conversations to create work orders that can be referenced by other technicians.
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve hardware and software related issues, including providing a variety of technical support functions for Kitsap County, junior districts and municipalities.
- Diagnose and resolve problems related to email, operating systems, printers, hardware, software and voice/data infrastructure support.
- Test and evaluate Microsoft software to include operating systems and office suites.
- Research and recommend system-wide changes to address common issues that impact all county users.
- Who May Apply: This position is open to the general public. Applications will be screened for qualifications and completion of all the required materials and forms. The most competitive applicants may be contacted for further steps in the selection process, which may include testing for office and computer skills.
- This position is classified as eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Covered under a collective bargaining agreement with AFSCME 1308. Internal applicants should be aware that a change in union status or bargaining unit may impact your benefits and accruals. Please contact Human Resources if you have questions. Employees joining the union will be required to pay union dues through payroll deduction. Membership in the union is optional.
- Kitsap County is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact our Human Resources Office.
- This recruitment is being used to fill an existing open position, and may be used to fill future openings for up to six (6) months.
This position is included in the on-call rotation.
Closing Date/Time: 5/27/2022 11:59 PM Pacific